Care in our Transitions Program is provided by a specially-trained team of doctors, nurses and other specialists who work together with a patient’s other doctors to provide an extra layer of support. It is appropriate at any age and at any stage in a serious illness and can be provided along with curative treatment.
Transitions treats people suffering from serious and chronic illnesses such as cancer, cardiac diseases such as congestive heart failure (CHF), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), kidney failure, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) and many more.
Care focuses on symptoms such as pain, shortness of breath, fatigue, constipation, nausea, loss of appetite, difficulty sleeping and depression. It also helps you gain the strength to carry on with daily life. It improves your ability to tolerate medical treatments. And it helps you have more control over your care by improving your understanding of your choices for treatment.
We work hard to give you peace of mind. We offer various types of services and support for you and your family. It is covered by some insurance plans and is offered on a sliding fee scale.
You can choose from a broad range of options, including:
- Monthly nursing assessment and consultation
- Access to volunteer services
- Monthly social work consultation
- Availability of 24-hour nursing consultation
- Assessment phone calls by a team member according to patient’s care goals
Also available for additional fees:
- Nursing visits more frequently than once/month
- Social work visits more frequently than once/month
- Dietician visits
- Chaplain visits
- Nursing assistant visits
- Counseling services
- Physician services
- Nurse practitioner services