Our Journeys program is designed with your needs in mind, Journeys provides care for patients whose condition has stabilized and who no longer need hospice level of care but would benefit from ongoing supportive services to help manage their serious illness.
The program offers an individualized plan of care to help address the specific needs of each patient and family. Journeys is available for patients residing in an assisted living residence, nursing homes or those who are living in their own home. The care team comes to the patient for visits, limiting additional trips to the doctor’s office.
- Consultations with a doctor specialized in helping manage pain and symptoms
- Monthly visits with a registered nurse, chaplain and/or social worker
- 24-hour phone support which includes sending a care team member when needed
- A volunteer for companionship, errands, transportation, light housekeeping, etc.
Services will be billed to the insurance provider for the eligible patient. If a patient does not have insurance coverage, the program is available on a sliding scale, which is based on income. Patients who have Medicaid pay nothing based on the sliding scale.
There is a fee for the program, which includes monthly visits with a registered nurse and if needed a social worker and/or chaplain. Journeys provides 24-hour phone support including after-hours visits from the care team if needed. Volunteer assistance is also available free of charge.
- Patients and families may request additional visits from the team – an additional fee for services will apply.
- Visits by nurses, social workers and chaplains are available based on the sliding scale
- Palliative care consult visits by a physician or nurse practitioner will be billed to insurance
- Certified nursing assistant visits are billed at an hourly rate and there is no sliding scale available for these services