Friday, October 27 2017
9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
HopeWest Care Center, Room 102
3090 N. 12th Street, Grand Junction
This training is FREE – For more information or to RSVP call 970-683-4927
Maximizing the MOST in Nursing Facilities and Assisted Living: Complete Skills for Healthcare Professionals
This FREE training will equip nursing home (skilled and long-term) and assisted living staff…. to fully and effectively implement the new Colorado MOST. Training qualifies for Medicaid billing. By completing the training, attendees will be able to:
- Accurately describe the MOST program to other facility staff, residents and families, and EMS service partners;
- Develop or revise policies around MOST form completion and compliance to conform to Colorado law and best practice recommendations;
- Effectively conduct the “MOST conversation” with residents and families to elicit value-based, accurate choices on key treatments and goals;
- Fulfill process requirements for ensuring MOST compliance through admissions, transfers, and discharge;
- Update policies and procedures around changes in the Proxy Decision Maker for Health Care process following new legislative revisions.
- For EMS: Understand the regulatory authority for the MOST and your responsibilities in the MOST process.
- This training will qualify providers to bill Medicare and Medicaid for MOST counseling.
Who should attend?
- Skilled Nursing Facilities, Nursing Home, Assisted Living Residence facility administrators
- Directors of Nursing and RNs
- Facility social workers
- Long-term care medical directors
- Geriatricians and family practice physicians and PAs/NPs
- EMS service providers
- EMS educators
Instructors for the session are Colorado Advance Directives Consortium members Dyann Walt, Senior Case Manager Supervisor, Adult Services, Mesa County Department of Human Services, and Erica Eng, Director of Patient Experience, Grand Junction Community Hospital and Mary Watson, HopeWest Community Projects.