Grief Resources for Children & Teens
Positive Resolution of Grief: Reasons to get support
There is a strengthening effect on children and teens who have experienced a serious loss and worked through it with support. They…
- know the importance of family and aspects of life to be cherished.
- have a greater awareness of pain and suffering in others; increased empathy.
- tend to mature faster.
- sense a new connection with the loved one who died.
- search for meaning in life or deeper faith.
- have a broader, more developed perspective on life.
- develop successful coping skills to get though many types of losses.
- are often the best example for other kids who are hurting or feeling hopeless.