Coronavirus Updates & Information
Steps we are taking to keep you safe
As things are changing every day right now with the escalating Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we have implemented additional measures at the Ferris Hospice Care Center, administrative offices in all locations, Heirlooms for Hospice stores, Artful Cup, and Spoons bistro & bakery to protect the health of everyone we serve.
• We are actively monitoring updates and guidance from the CDC, state and local health departments.
• We have procedures in place should a patient and/or visitor present with symptoms.
• We are limiting the number of visitors to our patients in the Ferris Care Center and posting signage for people to take precautions upon entering.
• We have closed our retail entities to the public at this time and will re-evaluate weekly.
• Some of our special events have been affected and we are postponing them to a later date and have taken the proper steps to inform those involved.
Our priority is safety and helping prevent any further spread of the COVID-19. We are in an uncertain time that we are re-evaluating daily. If you have any questions, please reach out and call 970-241-2212.
President and CEO
P.S. Donations to support the efforts of our care teams are more critical now than ever. Many of our sources of fundraising revenue have been seriously impacted. We understand everyone is in an uncertain place, but if you have the ability to make a donation, please click here or call Deb Horwitz, our VP of Development at 250-9955.
More Information for Patients and Families
Changes to grief support groups & bereavement counseling →
• All grief support groups have been postponed at this time.
• Our bereavement counselors are offering services by phone. Please call (970) 257-2390 and leave a message with your contact information. We will return your call as soon as possible.
Additional precautions taken with visitors and staff →
• We have restricted visitation to patients at home and in the Care Center by “non-essential personnel” and volunteers. We are screening all visitors to the Care Center.
• We have instructed our staff and volunteers to stay home if they have any symptoms of flu or the virus or have traveled internationally or to highly affected areas during the last 14 days